The dolphin exercise is a rather unorthodox, yet effective way to strengthen the lower back region. Since the exercise is performed using an exercise ball and in somewhat of an awkward position, a high degree of body awareness is required to execute each repetition properly. Because of this, beginners may find the exercise somewhat difficult to perform and should stick with easier methods to strengthen the lower back.
The Dolphin Exercise Video Is Coming Soon!
- Lie face down atop an exercise ball and roll out on your extended arms until the ball as positioned just above the pelvic region.
- Lift legs from off the ground and move them into an extended position.
- Exhale and elevate the extended legs until a contraction is felt within the lower back region. Briefly hold this position before releasing.
- Inhale and at a controlled speed, lower the legs back down to the starting position described in phase 2.
- Repeat until the desired number of repetitions are completed.